Sunday, October 14, 2007

If you've read this far...

I don't know exactly what that's supposed to mean. But I suppose if you've read this far you have some affection either for reading or getting. Since there's usually nothing to get from what I write, I expect that you've read this far because you simply enjoy reading. Or you've been tricked. But if you've been tricked, you'll probably feel compelled to read the next few sentences. And if you love reading, or if you're like me and you like reading and want your children to love reading, then you'll like this New York Times article on parenting Mission: Making a Love of Reading Happen. It's a good read.

[More on reading and thinking from the Desiring God blog]

4 comments:

My Breathments Off said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Breathments Off said...

oops. That was a great article. I'm definitely going to torture any future progeny like that.

Jen said...

Reading is for nerds. Oh, wait. . . .

Do you mean to tell me that you plan to make nightly costume appearances in "red BVD’s, a beach towel cape and a Zorro mask"? Oh, wait. . . .

This article is absolutely wonderful. Let's torture the children, and quickly!

Micah said...

red BVDs, a beach towel cape, and a Zorro mask? that's so lame. i'll have a much more imaginitive costume, even if you have to use your noggin to get it, if I ever need to resort to such a gimmick, which I certainly will.