Tuesday, February 05, 2008

30 books in 2008, a Lenten resolution

Whatever that means. What I have in queue so far:

Blink: the power of thinking without thinking (complete)
The Bottom Billion (in progress)
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer (in progress)
A Declaration of Interdependence: Why America should join the world

Likely to be soon added:
Bowerman and the men of Oregon (recommended by a friend)
The Lord of The Rings (which I've read each of the past two winters all six/three books)
Oh, and the ESV Bible (in progress)

Discounting the multiplicity of books both in the Bible and the Tolkien series, I'm currently at Nine (those count as 1 and 3, respectively). Any suggestions?

5 comments:

M.R. said...

I have no suggestions since we read very different books, although one cannot beat THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

But, I'll keep up with you and tell you what I read at the end.

Jen said...

Oh I've got some suggestions. . . .

M.R. said...

Oh, and Tolkien intended LOTR to be one book. His publishers had him divide it up. I mean, you can count it as 3 if you want, but that would be sooo _________.

Jen said...

sooo . . . like his usual self?

Micah said...

well, if i'm not subdividing the psalms (which are several books) then i'll subdivide the rings. maybe, if we're lucky, i'll end up reading 32 and it will be a null point.