Monday, June 04, 2007

Eight things you should hate about me

I don't know all the rules because I haven't read all the rules (1), but I'll make a reasonable conjecture at the rules and follow them by the seat of my pants, though I care little about the rules (2). And I'm not asking eight others to do the same (3).

My favorite number is 26 (4). I've got several reasons for that, but most notably there are 26 miles in a marathon (5) which I've run twice (6), that 26 is the only number between a square and cube (7), and that I was married on the 26th (8).

I don't know that these facts are random, but I appreciate randomness even though it isn't always random. My personality can be described as INTJ (9) and I often see (or think I see) patterns to apparent randomness. Though I have little concern for them presently, I'm sure that for the previously stated reason I will someday be fascinated by fractals (10).

My favourite band are Radiohead (11). Though their albums traverse my youth I rarely listened to them until 2003 when they supplanted my previous favorites The Beastie Boys (12), who we saw in concert in 2004 (13). I made a Beastie Boy shirt (see below, 14) for my son (15).

I'm reading an excellent book called Flight of Passage (16) that was given to me by my boss who was also a student of mine (17). I am a pilot and flight instructor (18), specifically CP-ASEL/AMEL-IA and CFI-ASEL-IA. I like flying quite a bit and would love to someday own a BE-17 (19).

While writing this I ordered a pizza online (20), which I often do, but just this year began online banking (21). My first attempt resulted in late payments to several important accounts (22), probably all my fault despite the fact that my current job is sometimes described as "technology advocate" or "consulting engineer" (23). I'm slightly resistant to change of most sorts and usually let my friend Tigger test out new technology and give me the rundown (24).

Of my favorite sports is hockey (25) and my favorite player's jersey is 26.

The image used to create the t-shirt below isn't entirely original, but at least I'm not selling it to anybody. Cheers.



[A footnote that may be interesting: regarding random fact 9 it may be said of my personality that paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. 9 and 10, I think, make more sense in light of that statement and my unofficial worldview tagline: life is too serious to be taken seriously.]

4 comments:

Brent said...

Hate, no! There is so much to love about you (So says the bleeding heart ENFJ who just wants everybody to feel warm and fuzzy!)

Great post!

Micah said...

Bleeding heart? No, but don't get any ideas, being an American Midwesterner in San Diego. I don't want to see pictures of you throwing avocados at gas pumps or anything. I've been watching Noel and how he responds to his environs and (though it's too early to see clearly) I think he may be INFJ. I don't care, of course, but that would match what I've always imagined: a writer with a heart for others, much like his mother.

Lauren said...

Those are great! I was also wondering what random really means (when it comes to facts that you are picking out yourself.) But I feel enlightened by yours. I know you so well now. Rafe and I were discussing the upcoming b-day plans and are much looking forward to it. (Did we tell y'all for sure we want to come?)

Sweet comment about the wifey and your little INFJ :)

Unknown said...

Aww. For real.

(And yes, you did. I've got to get final info to everyone. . . .)