Sunday, November 05, 2006

I absolutely love my new MacBook Pro

and almost every thing about it, especially the very cool things like this. In fact, I could create a long list of things I love about my macbook, but that would do nothing but bore you; I'd rather share this one thing I absolutely cannot stand. Apple decided it likes the brushed aluminum look on the pro models (other models are plastic), and it does look quite cool, but one thing apple must have forgotten. My fingertips.

Specifically the index finger of my right hand. The tip of it hurts. A few thousand times a day. With some lingering irritation and dry soreness prevailing at other times. Sometimes when I wake, it feels like I rubbed it against sheet metal for hours on end the previous day. Oh, that's right, I-did, I-did rub it along my aluminum trackpad a few thousand times the previous day. And a few million times the previous month.

But no big deal. I can punch and track with other fingers, I've got nine remaining. Now I'm off to solve today's LA Times Sudoku. And afterwards, hand lotion.

4 comments:

Cate said...

Do you know how much I absolutely adore Beck? You just made my day.

Cate said...

Oh, and enough talk about Macbooks.

Jen said...

Poor baby has his fancy laptop computer and then has to lubricate his fingertips because its materials are abrasive. Poor, poor baby.

If I knew any Beck songs, I'd try to quote one here that could appropriately mock you, but we all know how little cultural capital I have stored in my otherwise massive brain.

Micah said...

soy un perdedor?