Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's been a long time

Since I've written anything here. Maybe I will start again. Writing is a skill that needs to be practiced and is (for most, probably) a useful therapy. For some, writing is a requirement for sanity. But those that must write, usually, are writers proper. I've once been a runner, which has its own obsessions, but the outlet provided by running can be substituted with other good things (for me: kids, reading). So, I'm not a writer (as in a must-writer), but I will try to write more.

My last post was on the NCAA T&F championships two years ago. Next year Texas A&M, a school for which I have a natural affection, joins the SEC (along with Missouri). This will be adventuresome in many regards, but excellent for Track & Field. Texas A&M and LSU are two of the best T&F programs in the nation and the rivalry should be well worth watching.

Back to writing: Twitter gets a bad rap, but I like it a lot. I think it has many implications in the news and reporting field (good, hopefully) but for the rest of us it's like a permanent writing assignment. Can I take my thoughts and publish them in useful, succinct, and (hopefully) beautiful presentations of 140 characters (or less)? And using standard grammar, of course. Twitter, when used appropriately, can be like jogging for the brain.

No comments: