Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's been going on

Well, not a lot of blogging or reading, that's for sure.



Maybe I'll catch up soon, or maybe I'll reduce my subscriptions. I haven't even had time to read the more enjoyably ironic articles like this from the NYT.



But we have had some good days recently. For the most part we survived the deluge. We helped marry our long-time friend Captain JLowe, DO, witnessed a sub-8:00 beermile (previously thought to be impossible by some), witnessed Noel taste--and not like--homemade play-doh, attended RADIOHEAD live, and completed 7 years of marriage. Not a bad course of events, and I got a good new book to add to my long list of things to read this year. And Noel decided that The Incredibles is now his favorite show and he and Jen have watched it three times in twenty-four hours.

That's not really a good way to start writing again. What I should say is that I've been thinking I need a new vehicle for the daily commute to work. One which is much less dependent on the inelasticly-demanded, fickle-priced, and environmentally-consequential fossil fuels. After musing over the most reasonable alternatives I think what I may pursue is this.

5 comments:

Jen said...

The sub-8 beermile thought to be impossible? What about the marrying of JLowe, also previously thought by some to be impossible?

Brent said...

A Grand on the Reader is definitely time for a "wipe and restart" - I was impressed about your BeerMile achievement. Do you get a plaque?

Jen said...

No plaques. The increased respect of his wife? Yes.

Micah said...

i got beat by JW, a rookie and non-runner who, though by all means ran an excellent and well-strategized race, should not have beaten me. unless it's a plaque of shame bearing the image or the posterior of an Equus caballus. but anyway i had a good race and someday i'll train and run sub-10

Jen said...

JW . . . a rookie at the beermile, and maybe a rookie at the mile, but no rookie to the beer :)